Category Page Widget inserts an automoated subscribe button on every single cateogry page on your website.
Automatic Plugin Installation
- Find Category Page Widget in toy download file.
- Click Install Now to install the WordPress Plugin.
- The resulting installation screen will list the installation as successful or note any problems during the install.
- If successful, click Activate Plugin to activate it, or Return to Plugin Installer for further actions.
Then, in order to install the Category Page widget, you must simply insert the following code:
<?php do_action(‘nativeemail_single_subscription’); ?>
after the line
in one of the following files:
category.php (first preference)
archive.php or index.php
For other custom taxonomy types use the folder:
For example, for products, the custom taxonomy is product_cat
So, the file name will be taxonomy-product_cat.php
Customisation of Category Page Widget
Once you have done the above, you can customise and configure the pop-up box text, button colour and button text.
Please go to NativeEmail>Widgets tab
In the “Category Page Widget” box you can customise the widget to yout requirments.
Manual Plugin Installation
There are a few cases when manually installing a WordPress Plugin is appropriate.
- If you wish to control the placement and the process of installing a WordPress Plugin.
- If your server does not permit automatic installation of a WordPress Plugin.
- The WordPress Plugin is not in the WordPress Plugins Directory.
Installation of a WordPress Plugin manually requires FTP familiarity and the awareness that you may put your site at risk if you install a WordPress Plugin incompatible with the current version or from an unreliable source.
Backup your site completely before proceeding.
To install a WordPress Plugin manually:
- Download your WordPress Plugin to your desktop.
- If downloaded as a zip archive, extract the Plugin folder to your desktop.
- Read through the “readme” file thoroughly to ensure you follow the installation instructions.
- With your FTP program, upload the Plugin folder to the wp-content/plugins folder in your WordPress directory online.
- Go to Plugins screen and find the newly uploaded Plugin in the list.
- Click Activate to activate it.
Check the Details readme file for customization and further instructions.
Then follow the post-installation steps as above.